Grilled Sesame Ginger Chicken Salad
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped peeled ginger
- 1/4 soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp OLiV Frantoio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tbsp & 1/4 cup OLiV Sesame Ginger White Balsamic
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 bunch minced green onions
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 bag (about 400g) coleslaw mix
- 2/3 cup cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tsp white sesame seeds, toasted
- Sunflowers seeds, chow mein noodles (optional toppings)
Marinade: In a medium bowl, whisk the ginger, soy sauce, OLiV Frantoio Oil, hoisin sauce, sesame oil & OLiV Sesame Ginger White Balsamic to blend. Transfer 3 Tbsp of the mixture to a shallow bowl, add the chicken & turn the chicken to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or up to overnight.
Dressing: Whisk the 1/4 cup remaining OLiV Sesame Ginger White Balsamic into the remaining marinade. Refrigerate while the chicken is marinating.
Heat a grill to medium high. Grill the chicken about 4 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Transfer to a cutting board, let cool for 10 minutes. Cut the chicken into 3/4 inch slices.
Salad: In a large bowl, toss the chicken, coleslaw mix, green onions & chopped red pepper & cilantro (if using) Toss with dressing. Divide into 4 bowls. Top with almonds, sesame seeds & any other toppings.